Thursday, June 12, 2008

"On the way." Holland.

Made two yesterday, but the second one was such a disaster, ...
Everything went wrong, first the Sun was full on my pochade, so
I had to set up my self made umbrella which causes that I had
to stick my head under it before I could paint, .. not seeing anymore
what I painted. I couldn't change my setup because the street wasn't big, ....

Luckily I discovered that I took a photo from the boy on the bike, ..
so when tweaking a little this morning, I put the little guy in as well


"Op weg." Nijmegen, Holland.
(On the way.) Oil on board. 30 x 22 cm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your architecture. I may do some myself in the future. I will read your blog on occasion.

...rog

Leslie Sealey said...

I think the boy on the bike is the perfect touch!
This turned out to be a really good painting. : )

Liza Hirst said...

Wonderful painting! It's nice that the bicycle is slightly leaning to the left - brings the movement to life. I especially like the composition, the brushwork and the sunlight!

Anonymous said...

A great painting; however, they are all impressive.