Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"Aanlopende restauratie." Loowaard, Holland.

After some great days away it's always hard to get going
in your own area again, ...
So I thought why not visit my friend and colleague Eric and paint
somewhat over there. Eric has moved his ship to Loowaard a nice
little pond beside the Rhine (more or less)

There was an other ship they where restoration on shore that gave a
nice subject.


"Aanlopende restauratie." Loowaard, Holland.
(Restoration ashore.) Oil on panel.
24 x 30 cm.

After that I visited Eric, but the weather turn that hard that it was a great ordeal
to get ashore again, hehehe


Eric's Ship.

3 comments:

Erin said...

This is lovely! In the thumbnail image from my dashboard I thought at first that it was a photograph...very real and nice clean lines! Also, great colors!

René PleinAir said...

Thanks Erin,

Most of the clean lines are done with Palette knife.

jimserrettstudio said...

Nice piece. With broad masses and value you really captured the subject. Great simple suggestions of detail.
Exactly what I hope to achieve in my plein air work.
As always worth the visit to your site.