Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Painting with Johan Reinboud II. Oosterbeek, Holland.

It becomes quite a tradition, Thursday painting day with Johan.
I like it, he's a good painter, and we don't chat that much during our sessions.
He looks in somewhat other way to the landscape as I do, more into the
future so to speak. assessing the light and the object how they will be over
a couple of hours, ... and he's much more a colourist then me. In more
then one way it's a nice afternoon painting with him.


"Zij-klingenbeekseweg." Oostebeek, Holland.
(Zij-klingenbeekseweg.) Oil on panel.
24 x 30 cm.

And of course his effort:


"Spoorbrug Nijmegen." Oosterbeek, Holland
(Train-bridge Nijmegen.) Oil on canvas.
25 x 30 cm.

Johan is full action:


Thanks Johan, a nice afternoon indeed.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love your piece Rene! The green grass! Makes me miss Holland all the more. You painting has a beautiful composition and the paint is layed just right. Great trees, too!

Jessie: Northwest Painter said...

Hi Rene, I love the way you use color.