Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A days painting in Doesburg, Holland

A lovely, strange and surely wet day (in the start)
in Doesburg. Lovely because I maneged to paint two
paintings today, strange because I run into a field with
sheeps which many of them where attack by dogs so it
seemed and where bleeding to death at least 4 where
already dead,several others where injured, it was quiete
a slaughter I called the police and during my break I
discovered that two sheep had been put down by a veterinarian , ... 
While I biked back home in the afternoon some sheep's
still where bleeding and laying around, ... strange!

A link > Gelderlander < (only in Dutch, sorry!)

Wet because of the rain, obviously.

anyway, two paintings, ... yahoo!

"Achter de Burg Nahuyssingel." Doesburg, Holland.
(Behind the Burg. Nahuyssingel.) Oil on panel. 24 x 30 cm.


"Sluis en stuwcomplex Doesburg." Doesburg, Holland.
(Lock and barriercomplex.) Oil on panel. 24 x 30 cm.

5 comments:

Keith Tilley said...

What an awful thing to see. I don't think I would feel like painting after that, but you've managed to produce two good pictures. Especially the first one, with a nice impression of the garden and a feeling of depth behind.

Jamie Williams Grossman said...

Rene, how terrible about those sheep! Good thing you called the police. I hope they can stop the dogs from continuing their rampage.

Congratulations on the two beauties!

Jamie

E.Milz said...

Life is strange. In one way quite natural but ugly.

Love your two paintings. Amazing that you could paint two! Great doing mate!

E.Milz

René PleinAir said...

Thanks for the support!

It was only that the policemen in the morning was very nice that I didn't had a second thought about it the whole day. In the afternoon it was somewhat different, when I discovered that there where still sheep bleeding.

Lampros Lampinos said...

i like the house, i think has a lot of work... well done