Tuesday, April 07, 2009

"Op bezoek." Arnhem, Holland.

Today I had the urge to visit an old friend of mine,
he passed away almost two years ago, and his ashes is scattered on this place.

Every time I visit this spot my MP3 player plays the same song,
and every time I am getting the goosebumps, ... this time no less.
I am not so spiritual but this I find no coincidence

The song? ... "New world." From Björk.


"Op bezoek." Arnhem, Holland.
(Visiting.)Oil on panel.
17 x 24 cm.

(To listen the song > New World < (Youtube 4:27 min.) Gorgeous pictures btw.)

2 comments:

Angie said...

That's very weird, but lovely too. Very nice painting as well.

rob ijbema said...

i was going to say weird too rene
especially because today i had to think about you and how you were coping with your loss....

lovely painting,great how you depicted atmospheric distance with color!