Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Wilhelminastraat 35 Doetinchem The Netherlands

First of all thank you all soo much for the comforting words, it's very supporting!

This painting I made halfway last month, .. I really liked the light through the trees bouncing against
the wall of it, it's Always strange to realise that it isn't the light you're painting but the shades which does the trick, a bit like colour and values I presume.

Wilhelminastraat 35 Doetinchem. The Netherlands
Oil on panel. 30/40 cm.



3 comments:

C-Marie said...

Hi René, So,glad that you are feeling a bit better. Well done, but the house looks lonely as there is no light in the windows from the rooms, it seems to me. Light at a house always signals hope to me. God bless, C-Marie

Albesias said...

Love the house in the background

René PleinAir said...

Thank you both,

C-Marie,

The dark entrance is a bit weird your right but the doorway is a few meters inside the buidling. I tried to overcome the "darkness" by reflecting the sky in the top windows, ...

Again thanks for the comments, much appreciated!